 Trains / 15447
  Max. Track Slope

I'm working on a new layout and want to have a track line that goes 'underneath' my table like a subway. Has anyone done something like this before? I'm interested to know what the max. slope is that I can have on the up-ramp before the train (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max. Track Slope

(...) There's some good info here (URL) I'm under the assumtion the that down-slope can be as step as the (...) correct? Not necessarily. If there's a curve on the slope, or right at the bottom, the train will be going too fast to take the turn when (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max. Track Slope

When I first tried to build my own ramps, I just followed much of the suggestions mentioned by Ross (way back in 1996!). Track Designer can help you out when planning it. Again, if you follow a 2 plates per rail (2ppr) grade, you should not have any (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max. Track Slope

(...) A lot depends on how you'll control the train. If you're happy to put the power on going uphill and ease off going downhill, then most trains will climb a 2 plate/section incline. If you just want to be able to leave the train running, you'll (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max. Track Slope

(...) I have exactly that set up on my 'permanent' Lego railway. I have built the underpass to gradients at least as steep as those detailed in the Train Depot site but I'm not sure of the exact 'plate per section' drop as the track base itself (...) (22 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max. Track Slope

Hey Jon, (...) Any photos of this engine? I have some of my 24/5/6's (I have 2 of them) on my web page-I might be interested in a cl 37. James P (22 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max. Track Slope

(...) Hello James, Try the North British Lego Train Club and follow the gallery links. We've only just started this club, so please don't expect too much! www.nbltc.org I'd like to see the 24/25/26. Tony Priestman will also be building a very (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)