 Trains / 15438
Re: The first "real" train engine from Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:54:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, George Notel writes:
I'll be the first to admit my Lego Train experience and exposure isn't big,
but I don't think I could have picked a better time to get involved, with
the release of the Super Chief.

If we talk about the last 5 years or so, this is true.

I've looked a few of the older Lego sets, and the current ones, but for what >it's worth, I think the Super Chief is the first real looking engine that >Lego has put out. [snip]

A few of the older sets, but probably not all of them. I think you didn't
look back far enough. Noteworthy where sets #4563 - Load N' Haul Railroad
(see:  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4563 )
and set #4564 - Freight Rail Runner
(see:  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4564 )
Both sets have engines that are a good likeness of European diesel locomotives.
Besides these I've always liked #4551 - Crocodile Engine,
(see:  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4551 )
in particular the alternative model you could build whit this set.
Instructions for this alternative model where incuded in the booklet.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.