 Trains / 1511
  Thalys and Hondekop Pics

I just put up some preliminary pics of my current 'projects'; they are still in the works. (URL) Trains: Hondekop and Trains: Thalys from menu. More about the trains and close coupling later. Eric Brok -------- Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: (URL) Submit (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

(...) Excellent work, Eric. I really appreciate the documentation of concepts explored, but not persued. Very nice to see the evolution toward the final design. Thanks! I love the front ends you've contoured for both the Thalys and the Dutch locos. (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

(...) (snipped other blah) I was too quite to reply! I took a closer look at your pictures, and see that there are two pivots, one above each wheel on the bogie. Sorry to ramble on so incorrectly...I should just keep quiet and wait for further (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

(...) (snipped other blah) I was too quite to reply! I took a closer look at your pictures, and see that there are two pivots, one above each wheel on the bogie. Sorry to ramble on so incorrectly...I should just keep quiet and wait for further (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

(...) Thanks, Eric. I enjoyed seeing this as well as your other train pictures. Lots of well-built models as well as inspiration from which to experiment. I enjoyed the green croc especially! -Tom McD. when replying, note that spamcake works well as (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

(...) I just tried to count how many studs-long is your Thalys 2 locomotive. My count came to 42. Is that correct? later, James Mathis (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Close couplings Instructions (was Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

I added instructions for a close-coupled shared bogy. Look for a link from the Thalys page. My new 'instruction viewer' is also applied to other instructions at the site. (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Close couplings Instructions (was Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

Are instructions for your Croc in the works at all? Im really interested in this one. -Doug (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

Eric, I'm really impressed with your models and ideas as well as your presentation of them. I'm sure I'll learn a lot on your site. Out of curiosity, how do you pronounce "Thalys?" Is it a hard "th?" Is the "y" pronounced like an "i?" "A" as in (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

(...) I was asking myself the same question, but don't know. I only know the name from print and occasional, 'unauthoritative', mentionings. I happen to pronounce it as 'Tah(!)-liss', because I thought it was supposed to seem an English phrase (and (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

I added stepwise instructions of the Dutch Hondekop (dog face) train and Thalys engine. Instructions of Thalys car, and pictures of the finished models will appear in a week or so. Eric Eric Brok wrote in message ... (...) still (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

(...) snip Is dog face what Hondekop means? Chris (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

In article <377BB2B3.6439A1CD@c...lane.edu>, Christopher Masi <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> writes (...) Well, I know that kop means head, and honde probably = hound (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

The is just a funny name. Can you imagine the unvailing ceremony? As the vail drop to the floor..."And now we introduce our new engine," drum roll," the Dog Face!" Chris (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

Christopher Masi wrote in message <377BB2B3.6439A1CD@c...ne.edu>... (...) Yes. Actually it's 'Dog head'. 'Kop' is sort of slang for head, so Hondekop clearly is a nickname. Eric (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)