 Trains / 14799
Re: Longest train, eh? (was: Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 17:07:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Tony Hafner writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/fgltc/fgltc5.html

Ok, I will change that text: it is obviously wrong - my mistake.
But in real life speed records with trains have to be made in both directions
and for long Lego train records, I am of the opinion that a record should only
count if the long train is doing a complete loop. Just bringing it to movement
on a straight is another kind of record...

For the moment I have changed the text in a way, that no more misunderstandings
are possible. Thanks alot for your hint. I followed most of the PNLTC
discussions in august 2000, but it seems I have completely missed the longest
train in the report then.

I checked your page again, and it looks like you added some other details as
well regarding this.  That's also a much "cleaner" record in the sense that
you pulled it like a real train (front only).  Very nice work!

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com