 Trains / 14788
    Engine Identity Problem —Kai Brodersen
   Hello All, Over the past couple of months I have been researching several train models that I plan on, eventually, making into LEGO models. I have come across a very odd problem. It seems that there are two types of engines under the F59PH model (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Engine Identity Problem —Robert Powell
   Hello Kai, The Amtrak site shows a EMD F59PHI and GO site shows a EMD F59PH. According to my Field Guide to Trains, both are essentially GP59's wit different body work. Both are the same length @ 59' 2" but the F59PHI has 3200 horse power compared (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Engine Identity Problem —Josh Baakko
   (...) I feel like giving a bit of insight: The Amtrak F59PHI is a standard built F59PHI... The Go Transit F59PH, is a Wide bodied form of another loco, possibly GP35/38/40... Go transit names it an F59PH, because of their OWN classification rules (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)