 Trains / 14753 (-10)
  Re: image sizes on Brickshelf

(...) Since I've done ALOT with HTML, websites,& Image resizing... Irfanview is awsome for resizing, But I only use it for oddball sizing, I Use Paper Port for scanning,& changing formats, & Microsoft Picture It, for normal thumbnails, & pics. (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: image sizes on Brickshelf

(...) I usually just split the difference and try to plan everything online to be slightly less than 600x800: pictures, html, etc. One of the better browsers to use is one called Opera, currently in version 6. One of it's cooler abilities is to (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: image sizes on Brickshelf

(...) Which is ONLY in newer explorers... Josh (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: image sizes on Brickshelf

I forgot to mention a freeware app called Irfanview. It is a great image viewer and also does batch conversion (size, file type, name...). Look under menus: File, Batch Conversion... www.irfanview.com SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: image sizes on Brickshelf

The browser which comes with Windows XP does resize automacially when opening a *.jpg file, but when opening htm files it can be done I think.... I saw such a trick today at work. I can find it if you want so. I usually try to keep it 500 wide / 400 (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: image sizes on Brickshelf

(...) I'm in the low end camp. For most things, a 640x480 image is plenty, especially if you crop it. I will go up to 800x600 or even 1024x768, but I much prefer to keep them small. Of course I'm still running a 33k modem so large images are a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train 3 pics uploaded on brickshelf

There should be a main picture page on Calum Tsang's Peachy Server (w/ RTL Events photos) regarding Train 3. (I don't think it is quite ready yet.) It will link all the photos that everybody took. I am quite sure that there were several with photos, (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  RE: image sizes on Brickshelf

(...) My preference is at least 400 pixels wide and at most 1024 wide. This doesn't hold for wallpapers, of course. Perhaps there's a way that the HTML could be modified to resize the images to the browser width if the image is large? Of course this (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: image sizes on Brickshelf

(...) I notice this in IE 6 on XP the other night. If you open only the picture in the browser, it automatically resizes the image to a smaller size. Even though the quality of the resize was fairly good, I wasn't a fan, and turned off this option (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: image sizes on Brickshelf

(...) I usually go for the 'low end', and size my pictures to around 640x480. If someone asks for a more detailed image of something, I'll either go full-size, or try to crop down to just what they want to see. I've got a 3.3megapixel camera, so if (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact