 Trains / 14687
  Truck Trailer hauler: Road to Rails, Keeping it Simple

Just a little tinkering with a favorite set-- 4549, Road 'n Rail Hauler. I wanted to load the entire trailer onto simple train wheelsets with minimum mods to the LEGO(R) design trailer. Added 3 parts to the trailer: 1) quantity two of 6019 Plate 1 x (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Truck Trailer hauler: Road to Rails, Keeping it Simple

I'm still Inline for building a few different designs, but since my switch to 8-wide I've been busy with Loco's, the freight will come soon! Its interesting how you have them mounted, it works! I'll have to build a North American container car (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Truck Trailer hauler: Road to Rails, Keeping it Simple

(...) Actually, I've been "playing" with it tonight, and I've found some problems with it. In "push" mode the wheels pop off the track. Also, the yellow Technic piece has too much sag in it at the joint next to the end of the trailer; part of the (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Truck Trailer hauler: Road to Rails, Keeping it Simple

(...) Interesting work james, I might modify your hitch design for something I'm working on. Thanks! (...) Cletus Romano built some RoadRailers a few years ago: (URL) are pretty nice and actually stay on the track even with his notoriously high rate (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Truck Trailer hauler: Road to Rails, Keeping it Simple

(...) That's great! Thanks for pointing them out. The scale looks good. later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)