 Trains / 14445
  Re: Pics: 0-6-0 Steam Engine

Blind Drivers, that it. I couldn't recall the name for that. Thanks Lar! I sorta figured that something this had to be done for the longer model RR engines (O, HO, N...) but I was also surprised to find that blind drivers where used for real steam (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: 0-6-0 Steam Engine

(...) They were quite common, in fact. Without extensive lateral motion devices, they allow for a longer fixed wheelbase (and more wheels, therefore more weight and tractive effort) than all flanged wheels. They were used in some unusual places, (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)