 Trains / 14209
Re: Train history for Brickfest 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 02:48:48 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Cary Clark writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Frank Filz writes:
Hmm, one thing which would
be neat, a monorail spiral like Cary's to traverse from the train layout
height down to the floor...

Frank

OK, I'm up for the challenge. Chris, can you figure out how many bricks it
is from the floor to the height of your monorail on the tabletop, give or
take a few? My spiral is around 12 bricks high per loop, so I figure
somewhere from 9 to 11 loops. I'll mock it up at home to see if I can really
make something that big work.

I probably don't have enough supports to loop down to the floor and back up
to the tabletop, though.

Cary,at this past years brickfest we used wamalugs tables...if we can get a
height from them i'm sure we can get something close.Someone mentioned a
spiral....at the last BF Troy C,Ken C. and myself built a spiral from a
stage to the floor just for kicks.(+ I had already setup my monorail on the
train tables).