 Trains / 13726
    Re: Mindstorms Automatic Train Control Questions —James Powell
   (...) track (...) Sure, it is _possible_. How I would approach it follows. If so, which set would (...) AC (...) Nope, any one of them can be fitted to either the train or ground. If you are going to have stationary RIS's, it would be better to have (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Mindstorms Automatic Train Control Questions —Larry Pieniazek
   Snipped most of James's explanation, I just want to comment on one point (...) This is overkill. Just use the fact that you can align the switches AGAINST the incoming subway train and when it reverses, it will cross over to the other track with no (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Mindstorms Automatic Train Control Questions —David Niemann
   (...) Thanks for sharing this idea. I would have thought this would cause the train to derail. This will make it much easier for me to reverse my trains. David (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Mindstorms Automatic Train Control Questions —Jurgen Blok
     (...) AGAINST (...) train (...) You could try to add some weigth to your train to prevent this from happening (if it does happen ;-). Especially the cars that are not motorized. My 2 cents Bye, Jurgen (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Mindstorms Automatic Train Control Questions —Jason J. Railton
   (...) No, it doesn't. The middle rail of the point[switch] is lightly sprung so that it can give way to a train coming the wrong way. The only derailment risk is if a long train is half-way across the point when you change direction. Then you get (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)