 Trains / 13542
    Tell me More —Tim David
   <Snip> (The special motors are usedfor my Tyne Dock train-including working brakevans...) Is that as in Tyne Dock, Newcastle? do you have pictures, i'm interested! Tim (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Tell me More —James Powell
    (...) Yep, that'd be it. Take a look at my web page ( (URL) info on the hopper cars. I've also built a pair of class 24-26 DE's to pull the train with. These have electrically operated brake vans attached to them semi-permanantly. It's quite neat (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Tell me More —Ross Crawford
   (...) How do they work? Do you actually brake the wheels, or just run a motor in reverse? ROSCO (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Tell me More —James Powell
    (...) If you punch in Brakes as a search here, you will eventually find a link to the .cad design for the early version. (I've regressed to a 2 axle car since then though...it works better for UK style stock) It (the .cad) does show the ideas (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)