 Trains / 13271
Re: Two MOC cars: Caboose and Open Livestock Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 21:48:52 GMT

The caboose is colored and striped to match my club locomotive:
http://www.hafhead.com/lego/mytrain/boos1969/index.html

The livestock car is a Wild West creation in brown and black, seen here
hauling horses:
http://www.hafhead.com/lego/mytrain/horsey/index.html

The loco and caboose are pretty good.  I like the use of the rare tiny red
windows, and the loco is very neat - it might be a fairly common shape, but
you do it well.

Thanks!  The windows were sitting around not doing anyone much good, so I
figured that this was a great car to use them on.  A caboose deserves
haphazard window placement.  The locomotive is scheduled for some minor
detailing changes, but I am definitely pleased with the overall shape.

Favourite though has to be those horse carriers.  Utterly brilliant.  Best
of luck turning it into a whole Wild-West train.  You'll need a few
brown/tan carriages, a brown caboose, and a flatbed with timber and a canvas
cover, then some bad guys running along the top...

I don't think that I have the parts for the passenger coaches, but I
definitely will do a couple more cars.  The locomotive for this train is my
current focus, though.  I've not done a steam loco yet and it's not easy to
do well.  I'm not too concerned about finishing a whole train right away, as
we already have some Wild West guys in the club and I'm sure they'd be
willing to tow around my cars.  Even so, it will be nice to do the whole
thing.  I could just pick up one of the current steam locos, but for one
thing I hate to run stock stuff and for another they don't look much like
actual steam engines.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com