 Trains / 13205
Re: PCC car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 13:33:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Knuepfel writes:

This is the first model that I have built on the computer.  The antique PCC
cars running down Market St. in San Francisco inspired me

Nice model, if viewed out of a larger context. You captured the shapes
nicely. However you may want to consider some selective compression, since
the PCC is a relatively narrow and short vehicle compared to mainline
trains, or even interurbans. Thus, since you went 8 wide, if you wanted to
show mainline stock in the same context you would need to build that stock 9
or even 10 wide.

Also, how will it look on a curve?

Looks good in the rendering though, nice work.