 Trains / 13203
Re: PCC car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 03:27:49 GMT

Nice model and excellent attention to part availability (often overlooked).
Have you thought about the soccer bues for white windows? I didn't do a
windows count on the real vs model but I assume they are the same???
Sometimes selective scaling can shrink a model in places that need it (or
that can save hard to find elements). Great Job.
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Mike Knuepfel writes:
Hi all!

This is the first model that I have built on the computer.  The antique PCC
cars running down Market St. in San Francisco inspired me to build this:

Brickshelf Folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=6708

What it was modeled after:

(imagine the roof in a different color because green slopes are hard to come by)

I decided to build it on the computer because I lack many of the pieces
required to build it.  I also wanted to workout and kinks in the design.  I
tryed to design it around common pieces and bulk pieces.  They only thing
keeping me from building the real thing is the price.  The model requires:

3 Packs Train Windows: http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3733 = $11.98
2 Train Engines:  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5300 = $49.98
3 Passenger Cars:  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10015 = $59.97
2 Flashspeeders: http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7124 = $19.98
1 2x4 Roof Pack: http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3497 = $5.99
1 2x8 Brick Pack: http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3463 = $8.99
Total: $156.89

I have all the other pieces required to build this model.  I may have to
toggle the colors to make it fit in with the bulk bricks that are
availiable. Please tell what you think.  Is it worth building or should I
toggle something?
If so, what?  If any one wants the Ldraw file to try and build it, tell me.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day Weekend,
Mike