 Trains / 13186
    PCC car —Mike Knuepfel
   Hi all! This is the first model that I have built on the computer. The antique PCC cars running down Market St. in San Francisco inspired me to build this: Brickshelf Folder: (URL) it was modeled after: (URL) the roof in a different color because (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: PCC car —Mark Williams
     (...) This looks great! (...) The prototype has a gray roof not green. Gray slopes are easier to come by. (...) Is there a need to use 2 motors? One should be powerful enough to run this baby. Use plain wheels for the second truck. Other colors are (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: PCC car —Mike Knuepfel
     (...) I am limited to the color green for the top windows. They are readibly availiable in set 10015. For the other main color i chose grey because the windows come in bulk grey. I thought green went better with grey than green with blue. -mike (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: PCC car —Derek Raycraft
     Awesome street car. I've been looking for street car ideas, and that's brilliant. I just wish there was a better selection of colours so I could mimic the street cars here in Toronto. Thanks for sharing your design. Derek (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: PCC car —Bob Hayes
     In lugnet.trains, Mike Knuepfel writes: ... (...) Mike, Very nice. It captures the feel of the prototype well. I am going to study (steal) some of your methods. Bob (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: PCC car —Steven Barile
     Nice model and excellent attention to part availability (often overlooked). Have you thought about the soccer bues for white windows? I didn't do a windows count on the real vs model but I assume they are the same??? Sometimes selective scaling can (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: PCC car —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Nice model, if viewed out of a larger context. You captured the shapes nicely. However you may want to consider some selective compression, since the PCC is a relatively narrow and short vehicle compared to mainline trains, or even (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)