 Trains / 13076
    Question regarding train motors and regulators —Bob Parker
   I am looking forward to receiving my Metroliner and club cars but am still new to trains. Since I have two of the Railway Express sets (which are only good for parts as far as I'm concerned), I have both extra speed regualtors and motors that I can (...) (23 years ago, 22-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Question regarding train motors and regulators —Frank Filz
   (...) These questions really need to be in the FAQ (or are they there already?) (...) Only on a truly huge layout will you need multiple controllers to keep a reasonable speed around a loop. (...) The primary factor is length of track and wiring (...) (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Question regarding train motors and regulators —Dean Husby
   Frank Filz wrote:For a 4'x8' layout, 1 regulator is plenty. However, if you get a few (...) Also you can use masking tape to isolate the tracks to ensure they don't short. Put it over both ends of the track and it separates the current. The only (...) (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)