 Trains / 13070
Re: Help with magnetic couplings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:48:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jon D. Hayward writes:
"Carl Watson" <cbccwats@pop.ihug.com.au> wrote in message
I am posting this message on behalf of Tom Williams, here it is:

"How can I take the magnetic couplings off blue era train carriages • without
breaking them"?

Find a rod to insert through the base to push against the top of the magnet
pivot - it needs to be something you can apply a fair amount of pressure
with that won't damage the magnet housing or your hand... Then, while
pushing the magnet with the rod, pull the magnet from beneath, holding
either side of the pivot while rotating it back and forth...

It _will_ come out - eventually!

That's the point: you need some luck to get it out of the base without damaging
it. I have tried 4 times so far and in 2 times the magnet was broken...

But If you have two waggon bases with only one magnet each it is better to try
it and make one intact waggon base out of two, instead of having two defected
ones... If the magnnet brakes you will still have two defected waggons.

Good luck!

Ben

Just Jono .oO