 Trains / 13004
  Re: Question for model RR gurus

(...) Well, it's about lunchtime here 8?) I think this stems mostly from non-Lego MRR, where things like DCC have given people a lot of neat ways to do things like that. I kinda like the idea of that stuff, too, and if I still had all my HO stuff I (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for model RR gurus

(...) This part I grok. (...) And this part I don't. Why would this be personally disappointing? Do you think Mindstorms is a bad idea? (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for model RR gurus

(...) I'm just not interested in DCC in a Lego environment. Maybe that's cos train building is still pretty young around here - we haven't had any Lego train shows at all, that I'm aware of (although it's been suggested a couple of times). When (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for model RR gurus

(...) OK, yes, all true. But let me put my Hop-Frog hat(tm) on for a bit. :-) So it's not your cup of tea, that's fine. But why be disappointed if someone else gets what they want? As long as it doesn't detract from the rest of the offerings, why (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for model RR gurus

(...) I'll have to admit that I didn't really care about LEGO going DCC for awhile, I figured it would be cool, but didn't care one way or the other. But once I played with Tom Cook's DCC trains at Brickfest I was sold on the idea! Now when I run my (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for model RR gurus

(...) I guess I'm just happier seeing Lego targetted at younger kids. Which, as you said earlier, directly contradicts my interest in Mindstorms. I guess I'm just a bloke full of contradictions 8?) However, I'd be interested to see how Lego makes a (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)