 Trains / 12891
Re: Building an E-6 Atlantic 4-4-2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 04:58:39 GMT

Very nice, Bob!  I too have built an Atlantic so I feel as if I know what
you're going through (albeit a streamlined one which pulled the famous
Milwaukee Road's Hiawatha passenger train).  A 4-4-2 is a good choice, IMO,
because it is easier to manage just 4 larger drivers.  (Here's mine to
compare):

I utilized the 9 volt motor for the front truck, and by the looks of your
proto-pic, I would think that the wheels on the 9 volt would be just right.
That way, too, you would have pulling power as well.  I placed a second motor
in my tender, which was a 6-4 configuration.  It appears to me that yours is a
4-4.

I really like the looks of Rat's handiwork (that's his, correct?).  I would
love to see someone create *complete* realistic drivers-- those red wheels are
hard to come by!

I look further updates!

-John

Bob Hayes wrote:

Hello All,

I am building a PRR E-6 Atlantic.  It is a class 4-4-2 - I only have four of
the large wheels so my choice of prototype was limited.  I am just getting
the proportions of the engine correct, then I need to get the wheels
together and able to go around curves.  You can follow my progress at
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=6056.  Let me know what you
think.

Bob