 Trains / 12879
  Re: Question for the true train enthusiasts?

(...) I pretty much use John's spacing scheme. At first I thought I would do everything three studs between wheelsets, but later I decided to make the wheelsets on my rolling stock two studs apart; it gives a little more space between the trucks and (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for the true train enthusiasts?

(...) Older trucks have 2, newer, 3 (100 trucks have 3). It seems excessive to me too, but the 1x1 round plates make it look like a 100 ton, or older 70 ton. I use the 2 studs for older rolling stock that has 70 ton trucks, like my 50' gondola. I (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)