 Trains / 12852
Re: VLC Toy Train Show Images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 11:28:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Dean Husby writes:

Out of curiousity, who created this locomotive?

I did. It's a SD-40 CN Canadian Engine.

That's basically what I was building mine as. Of course, I took quite a bit
of liberty with making it look like I wanted it to!

It looks just like mine, almost exactly! I am wondering whether it was based
on my design or whether we both came up with the same thing. Either way, it
looks cool! I like the red and black coloring!

I created the body and refinements from engines around my area. I did look at
your pics to see how others had done the railings and made the couplers similar
to yours. I'll be doing a web page on it soon and will give credit where credit
is due.

Dean,

That's great! I am glad you could build off my pics. Makes me feel good that
I built something that someone else can build off of!

I am working on finishing up the building instructions for the engine that I
started a while back. They are 90% complete...but of course that last 10% is
always a bear.

As soon as I get them finished up, I am going to post them on the web.

Did you use the technic gearing to turn the fans as well? If not, then
hopefully the building instructions will help.

I would love to see more pics when you get a chance!

Jake
--

Jake McKee
AFOL