 Trains / 12558
  Re: 9v vs 12v

(...) I personally rather have the power sidings and use signals to control the movement of the trains. Layouts shown in the 7777 train book are generally impossible to recreate in a 9V layout because the sidings need power in order to run more (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v vs 12v

(...) (you may only need an extra track power connector). Of course given an unlimited budget, I could create a much more enjoyable layout with 12V and be pure since the signal track is very flexible. Ultimately though I think the way to go is to be (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)