 Trains / 12184
12183  |  12185
Subject:
a couple more GMLTC pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:13:34 GMT

Yea, I know I promised more 'teaser' pictures a while back.  Well, here are
a couple new shots of our still-in-construction train station.  It still
needs the canopy over the platforms, and the clock tower is waiting for
pieces, but you get the idea.  Two new pictures are here:
The exterior shot is from the back side of the building, the side that will
be towards the inside of the layout.  The platform on this side is lower,
for the trolley; the platform on the front is higher, for the passenger
trains.  The interior shot is towards the front wall, with stairs going up
to the second floor waiting area, and the stairs that lead down into the
subway station.  And yes, we know - it "needs people"...

Secondly, the GMLTC had a very special guest last night:  Mr. Brad Justus!
He is in the Twin Cities for some meetings today, and asked if he could come
over and visit us for a little while.  Of *course*, Brad!  Anytime!  Here he
is sitting with Conan, the "leader" of our rag-tag little group:

The current 8-wide layout is still under construction, and will be for the
next year or so.  We're scheduled to do a show in October, so we need to
have something presentable by then!  <grin>

JohnG, GMLTC