 Trains / 12094
Re: "My Own Trains"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 06:45:22 GMT

Michael,
We're glad that you have an interest in LEGO® trains. Just posting to this
newsgroup displays your enthusiasim for this,the greatest of all LEGO®
themes! Let me tell you how I got started in this wonderful hobby. I had
grown dissatisfied with the NMRA and N scale model trains in particular.
After a visit to the GFLTC's display layout at the winter 2000 GATS show, I
knew that I was hooked. So I sold my existing N scale collection and used
the 'proceeds' from this to fund my reawakening from my dark ages.

What I'm trying to say is that go ahead and give the trains a try, esp. now
with some good stuff being released. I'd recommend set 4565 if still
available from Shop At Home service, and you can find a good speed regulator
on Ebay or Brickbay too. You can always add on later, that's the joy of the
LEGO® experience. And you're always welcome to post questions (and solutions
too!) to LUGNET. Play Well-Harvey