 Trains / 12071
Re: SCLTC meeting on July 14th
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 22:34:25 GMT

Hi John,

I don't think I can make it as we have "preparing for baby" classes the next
two weekends (all day on Saturday).  Be sure to take pictures though and
post them!

John Gramley <jkgii@aol.com> wrote in message news:GFwpHw.EEy@lugnet.com...
Hey all,

The Southern California LTC is having its next meeting on July 14th at my
(John Gramley) house starting around 10am.  I live in Escondido which is
about an hour and 15 minutes south and east of Brad Hamilton's place.
Directions are near the end of the post.

Everybody who wants to make the trip to the meeting is more than welcome.
We will be mostly train focused, but feel free to brin your MOCs, parts • for
sale/trade, or just you love for the brick.  Please just respond to this
post to let us know if you're coming so that we can make sure there is
enough food for everyone.  All of our five members have indicated that • they
either will come or are likely to come.  These are:
Adrian Egli
Dan Pearson
Robert Powell
Brian Stokes
John Gramley

I figure we'll want to talk about getting more organized, checking on
whether or not we'll try to make it to GATS this year, club logo ideas
(great sketch, Adrian), an ambassador car for the PNLTC trip to Legoland,
showing off any new models we have, and anything else that comes up.  We • can
do some trading/selling if anyone brings trade/sale fodder.  We can even • do
some building.  We can use my pieces along with anything you want to • bring.
Adrian hinted that one of his logo ideas might be buildable if we can get
enough orange bricks.

Sandy will make sure there are plenty of chocolate chip cookies and other
snacks and drinks.  I think that we can grill some burgers and hot dogs • for
lunch, if that's okay with everyone.  If anyone wants something else like • a
veggie burger, just let us know and we can arrange for that.  We'll have
plenty to eat and drink as long as we get a reasonable count from everyone
coming.  But feel free to bring anything for yourself, or to share.

My address is:
2730 Fieldbrook Way
Escondido, CA 92027

My phone numbers are:
(760) 480-8604 (home)
(760) 715-4327 (cell)

Directions from the South:
Take I-15 North to Via Rancho Pkwy exit.  Turn right.
Stay on this street for a few miles.
Via Rancho will change names to Bear Valley Pkwy, but you won't have • turned.
When you come to a "Y" in the road by Orange Glen High School, stay to the
right.
Turn left at the first signal after the "Y."  This is Citrus (Ave., I • think).
Turn right at the second signal, which is Washington St.

From the North:
Take I-15 or I-5 South to Hwy 78 East.
Hwy 78 will end as you enter Escondido and become Lincoln Ave.
Stay on Lincoln Ave. until it dead ends into Citrus (Ave., I think).  Turn
right.
Turn left at the first signal, which is Washington St.

From Washington St.:
About half a mile past Citrus, the roand bends to the right, at this point
turn LEFT onto Stoneybrae.
Turn left again, immediately.  This is Fieldbrook Way.
My house is the 3rd or 4th house on the right.  It will have a Mickey • Mouse
banner hanging near the garage.  Please park on the street, since Sandy • may
need to come and go during our meeting.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.  Please bring any • friends
or family if you wish.  My friend's 10-year-old grandson will probably be
here, as will my own family, including a 7-month-old, a 3-year-old, and of
course my lovely wife, Sandy.

John Gramley