 Trains / 12031
Re: A few questions....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 22:10:58 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frederick Grondy writes:

1) I see a lot posted about MOC cars posted, but does anybody have any
impressive layouts with pics posted?

Search www.brickshelf.com for "train" or "layout". You should get quite a
few hits. You can also check out some of the club home pages that are linked
off of news.lugnet.com/trains.

2) Does everybody stay consistently build within the Town theme, or are
there some really out-there creations floating around? I keep having visions
of either a Western theme layout or a Jungle theme(using mainly
Adventurers-inspired MOCs).

One of my favorite "non-standard" designs is the drag racing trains from
James Trobaugh. Not sure what the URL is for the images. Or check out James
Mathis' Brickshelf page
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=jamathis) for lots of
modern bullet type trains.

But hey, build whatever you think would be cool. If no one has created what
you build, all the better! I would love to see a "Jungle passenger" train.
That would be cool!

Some people like to "model" based on existing designs more than creating
"fantasy" type designs. Personally, I like to either model real trains, or
make a combo of real world features come together in a single model.

3) Considering where I'd like to have the layout set(Wild West or Jungle),
what would be a good "starter set(s)" for me to look into. I believe my
building area measures approx. 6'x3'.

Shop At Home offers two different track layout sets. And you can pickup a
steam engine (and soon cars to go with it) on shop.lego.com. The steam
engines look really cool. (I have one of the large engines in black and a
small one in blue)

Hope this helps.

Jake

---