 Trains / 12001
Re: LEGO Train Contest - 1st Place Prize Winner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 21:51:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David Weiler-Thiessen writes:
Hi

I received notification a few weeks ago from LEGO that I had won the 1st Place
prize ( 2nd overall ) in the LEGO Train Contest for the over 18 age category.

My entry was a train built to look like a Chinese New Year's Dragon.

Check out the following link for a sampling of my entry.

LMKWYT

Congratulations on your win! Nice work. It looks like whimsy was what was
needed to win (1) and you nailed it. Great job!

Heck, congrats to ALL the winners, I hope more of them pop up and discuss
their entries. I appreciate the extra photos you posted as well.

1 - except for the steamer that got second in the middle age group, and to a
lesser extent, the car carrier that won youngest, every single winning entry
was something whimsical or fantastic... not something likely to be seen in
real life. This is sort of what I expected for an outcome, actually, given
the first level filtering was by a professional contest company.