 Trains / 1178
    Re: Fun with two 4559s and two 5542s —Larry Pieniazek
    (...) Long term this is not the correct design, though. You should find that the bogie turns more freely if you use a plate in the lower layer and a hollow space in the upper layer instead of two plates stacked together. With stacked plates you (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Fun with two 4559s and two 5542s —Frank Filz
   (...) I had gone this way originally, but was finding that it wasn't sturdy enough when I tried to remove the bogie/power unit. Of course now that the engine is constructed, maybe that isn't an issue (during construction, I kept putting the power (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Fun with two 4559s and two 5542s —Larry Pieniazek
   Frank said: (...) Yes. Use a longer plate, or get used to the 2x4 plate coming out. But long term (and I build all my cars this way, I have very few of the wagon plates in actual use) this is the way to do it. Trust me. (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.trains)