 Trains / 1178
  Re: Fun with two 4559s and two 5542s

(...) Long term this is not the correct design, though. You should find that the bogie turns more freely if you use a plate in the lower layer and a hollow space in the upper layer instead of two plates stacked together. With stacked plates you (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fun with two 4559s and two 5542s

(...) I had gone this way originally, but was finding that it wasn't sturdy enough when I tried to remove the bogie/power unit. Of course now that the engine is constructed, maybe that isn't an issue (during construction, I kept putting the power (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fun with two 4559s and two 5542s

Frank said: (...) Yes. Use a longer plate, or get used to the 2x4 plate coming out. But long term (and I build all my cars this way, I have very few of the wagon plates in actual use) this is the way to do it. Trust me. (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.trains)