 Trains / 11483
Re: Speculation on the 'July Surprise'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 18:44:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:

3. All new Scooby-Doo theme (the Mystery Machine will be juniorized), hey we
know that LEGO® might try to jump on this bandwagon too.

  What's the deal with this, anyway?  Outside of hardcore stoners, I've
never met anyone who actually like Scooby-Doo except in a vague, nostalgic
sort of way, kind of like the Flinstones.  I mean, does anyone have a
favorite Scooby-Doo episode?  "Yeah, I like that one with the ghost that
turns out to be a guy in a mask."
  At the same time, there aren't a lot of cartoons that featured Jonathan
Winters, Don Knotts, and Sandy Duncan...

     Dave!