 Trains / 11416
11415  |  11417
Subject:
Web Page Links Pages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 12:59:54 GMT

Every once in a while I get a request from someone to add a link to
their page to my train links page at:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Lego/train.html

Unfortunately, I find I do not have the time to keep these pages any
where near up to date. The volume of train pages out there is stunning.
The volume is also such that any list of pages which doesn't categorize
things which tries to list everyone's pictures will just fail.

I'd be interested in working with a group of people to maintain
categorized pages. In my idea, each person would take a sub-area (or two
or three) of trains which they find most interesting, and then they
would categorize items. A central site could be created which would let
people enter links and check of the categories they thought it
represented. A text box would also be included for them to add
additional comments (like if you post up your page of freight cars, you
might want to list the types shown). The central site would then e-mail
each page maintainer the list of pages which fit their categories (and
all the pages which fit the "other" category).

I would also like to see some additional detail in the listings (like
"instructions included" or "multiple views" so people looking for
examples to inspire their own building might be more able to choose).

If we did something like this, I think we could get a real awesome index
of models out there.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com