 Trains / 11362
  My Agonizing Decision

Hi all, I have just obtained a set 7722 MISB. I'm thinking of converting this little steam engine to 9V to pull my BricWorx 3-car passenger set. Or should I buy one of the new 'My Own Train' locomotive kits and utilize this to pull my train? How (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Agonizing Decision

(...) I have 7722, and converting it to 9v is easy. Pull one motor out and put the other one in. You need a couple of bricks to hold the 9v motor in place, but it really is only a couple. I don't have one of the new engines yet (I am thinking of (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Agonizing Decision

It looks to me like the motor is in the tender (on the 7722), what I think I'll do is put the 9V motor in the tender and put either the red or black 4.5V/12V wheels on the engine. I think this would look better than the new engines being offered by (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Agonizing Decision

"Harvey Henkelman" <HarveyHenkelman@webtv.net> wrote in message news:GDy8Bo.4E2@lugnet.com... (...) The 7722's motor is not in the tender, it's a battery train with the motor in the locomotive and powered by batteries carried in the 'tender' (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Agonizing Decision

I would do both, convert 7722 to 9v AND buy two 'build your own trains' - say a small loco and a large loco and tender - from them you get the other combinations. Buy any Lego train you can. David (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.trains)