 Trains / 11054
  Re: Bridge Building Questions

(...) The GMLTC had a bascule bridge on our last layout: (URL) is a vertical lift bridge behind it, but that one didn't work very well... :-( ) I don't have a picture of the bascule in the 'up' position, but I can explain it pretty easily. Pivot (...) (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bridge Building Questions

(...) The counterweight should also create a great obstruction to protect from one side. Josh (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

"John Gerlach" <john.gerlach@bestbu...om.nospam> wrote in message news:GCo6oJ.5v5@lugnet.com... <snip> The GMLTC had a bascule bridge on our last layout: (...) </snip> That's a very unusual design for bridge.... Is it modelled after an existing (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bridge Building Questions

(...) Its real, I live near a large one: (URL) are some great pictures of it (The bottom of the page there is a panaramic shot of my hometown, Hancock, the bricge is on the right.) Josh (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bridge Building Questions

(...) We found a picture in a book on bridges. There was only the one picture, in the 'down' position. We took a pencil and drew arcs on the picture (from all the pivot points) to figure out how all the moving pieces worked. It was a very popular (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)