 Trains / 10962
  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) Would you characterize "bi-level" as "dome-nature"? My impression has been that bi-level cars are fully bi-level (and pretty darn tall), but then I haven't ever really studied passenger trains much (actually, I tend not to be too much into in (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) No. Bi-levels are not "dome-nature" (for example, the METRA commuter cars, or the GO cars, or the Southern (UK) railway cars(1)), but are simply a way to get more people into the space available. Fortunately, railways have not taken this to (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) No. The defining characteristic is windows across the roof so you can look up and out and over... Ask me tonite if that doesn't make sense I'll explain in person. ++Lar (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)