 Trains / 10907
  Re: Home layouts (Re: Huge layout)

(...) When you do get around to building it, Frank, I hope that you decide to build it modular. That way you could transport it to a show or to some event some day. Permanent layouts are nice, but can only be fully appreciated by a few. Pics on the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts (Re: Huge layout)

(...) I agree with that! Models can only be appreciated to the fullest by seeing the stuff in all three dimensions :-) However, the layout I have in mind requires at lot of wooden structures to support the scenary, I have uploaded my initial design (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts (Re: Huge layout)

I hope you get around to building it too! This is a great layout. It's rather difficult to create a large layout, doubly difficult to make it interesting (and not just look like a double loop). I always find it particularly diffucult to resist the (...) (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts (Re: Huge layout)

(...) A nice layout, but why didn't you make it possible for trains to switch from one loop to the other - why the isolation? SRC L#765 StRuCtures (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Steve Chapple" <LEGOArches@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GCrxBw.Mx2@lugnet.com... (...) The main reason is that I want to have multiple trains on the track and I'm not sure what would happen if two transformers behave when accidently get (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts (Re: Huge layout)

(...) I was in charge of powering the train for the 3000+' attempt at PNLTC's G2K World Record attempt. We used 10 or 12 power supplies on a single very long track. As long as the polarity is set right, we detected no ill effects. The train speed (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts (Re: Huge layout)

(...) A simple examination of the electronics says that there is almost no possibility of a problem if the two controllers are set to the same polarity. (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.trains)