 Trains / 10890
10889  |  10891
Subject:
My thoughts on the Customized train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:31:08 GMT

It is good that TLG have produced the Customized
Train Engine, here are my thoughts (everyone else has had
their say).

With 20 varieties does that mean that to be "9V complete"
you have to have all 20!

I expect the total sales will be higher than if they had
only brought out one.  I know I will probably now buy two,
rather than one.

I wonder if the experiment will continue with customized
coaches, with different size, style and colours - using
train doors and windows.

I would like to see the instructions - are they the same
for all 20 sets, or are they different for each style.
If you have, say, a large train with tender, can you
build all other three styles, or just the one without the
tender.  It would be nice if all the parts were available
to build all four styles in - it would only invloved an
extra 18x6 plate and it would give the builder more variety.

I wonder how many of the without tender sets will be sold?

The choice of colours are a bit strange.  The brown and
grey look revolting, I was expecting red - but then the
Hogwarts express is red.

I would have liked an option that included the motor
and/or the lights as the train becomes very expensive to
buy them all separately.

When the 9V trains were first released I thought the
TLG should have included a steam train,  we now have plenty.
What we need now are some real trains, such as we had
10 years ago - the crocodile, metro-liner and blue hopper,
maybe in American outline!

David