 Trains / 10872
Re: Coal Car Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:28:16 GMT

The car is rotated to empty it out. In the dusty archives of this group is a
link to a rotary tipper that someone built.

Ah, you would be meaning:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/2049/LegoHTML/lego.html

(and the Coal Unloader it be!)

Note, I don't run the train through in one piece, but break it up.  Depending
on installation, the system varies.  I doubt it is possible with the current
lego parts available to build one that will keep the coupler at the same height
(no large gears available in lego with a hole in them...), so breaking up the
train to unload is required.  I have a RC switcher that I modified to use for
shunting the waggons into place.

James