 Trains / 10475
10474  |  10476
Subject:
Points (was: Re: How will Ben top last year? (summit talk?))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:00:57 GMT

The tooling for new points to replace the current ones would be hugely
expensive. I know we asked for new points with better geometry and with a
better mechanical linkage to make it easier to automate them, but I am not
expecting them for a while, if ever. A lot of other stuff has to happen to
make trains more valuable to TLC before I would see them investing the
tooling for such a huge part

Couldnt TLG go back to the less stiff points they used to use, i.e. undo
whatever change they made? Wouldnt that help those wishing to mechanise their
points?