 Trains / 10468
Re: How will Ben top last year? (summit talk?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 04:53:39 GMT

Well I'm not under any sort of agreement that limits my thought processes so
here goes:

Would I be right in thinking that the train summit recently held didn't have
much to do with Lego Train items at all? But that it was mainly aimed at
using Lego Trian club Displays as tools for Lego's marketing?

Sure you might've discussed products that would make Lego Trains more
enjoyable - that Lego should consider manufacturing, but it was mainly about
how Lego could be involved in the train displays?

There was all that talk soon afterwards about the formation of the
Intenational North American Train club, being tied in somehow with the Lego
company.

The only thing that disuades me into believing there were some train product
talk is the fact that points are no longer available (produced even?). BUT,
if that was a decision made at the summit, or first announced at the summit,
then its too soon still to be seeing the effects of *no more* point manufacture.

You yourself Larry have said that change is incremental (but stopping
manufacturing of points after the summer would seem rather sudden).

I realise you and the others who attended are under some sort of legal
agreement, and since im not from the United States of Litigation (though
we're heading that way!) I won't even pretend to know exactly what you can
or can't say.

But isn't there some sort of a general rule that no reply, or no comment
generally means "yes" ?

Cheers
Santosh

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Yeah, Lar, just because *you* swallowed hook, line, and sinker doesn't
mean that there aren't a lot of unsuspecting newbies out there this
year;-)

Swallowed what? Those *were* product plans... I just never figured out how
Ben found out about them.

(Remember the meeting last month? er, ah, I'm under NDA and so are you.
Never mind. It was an April Fool's joke. Trust me.)

++Lar