 Trains / 10313
    12v Connectors —Jonathan Evans
   Hi All, I was wondering whether there are any exeperts or "seasoned amaturers" out there who could give me some guidance. I have a black 12v motor and due to the length of time that it has run, the 4 electical connectors (the spring loaded ones) on (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: 12v Connectors —Frank Buiting
     (...) They're hard to open and possibly even harder to close again. Check out Ben's motor history page for more details: (URL) and secondly, I am sure Lego (...) It looks indeed like copper but I guess any conducting material will do. -Frank (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: 12v Connectors —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
     (...) It's very hard to close an opened motor again, since thinks are pressed inside under stress. The material is a kind of electrical bronce. That means it is much weaker as copper, but I think any kind of (weak) metal will do the same job. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: 12v Connectors —Brian Williams
   Jonathan, The copper-like material that you refer to is called "phospher bronze". It is used for applications like motor brushes and machines well. Good luck with you're replacement plans. -BMW (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)