 Trains / *3877 (-20)
  Re: Train Control

Well, I just burnt up my last remaining motor a month or so ago, so I can't really test the DCC equipment. I've done some searching in NMRA site and have found some good sources to custom build boosters, decoders, and command stations. As for (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

(...) No, a double negative would be "I wouldn't not use Brasso just because it might dull the parts a bit." (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Train Control

> (...) Correct. I haven't time to even think about it lately. I got it kinda working but I wasn't too happy with the performance. The Digitrax decoder behaved rather erratically, another decoder behaved better. Since then I haven't had time to (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

(...) My wife would _KILL_ me, I have >500 pieces of straight track as it is... (likely, I will get more when I am going back to BC, as we will go back through Ontario, and we will be able to go to the Lego store in St Jacobs, and get track, by the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes: <snip> (...) Sounds to me like you need more track!! ;-) John1, GMLTC (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

(...) get (...) Tom, I don't think that Matt has done anything else with DCC in a while. Perhaps trying a search here in .trains for DCC will bring you up what he had done last...but I am reasonably sure that he had gotten it to a working stage, and (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train fans, please help me...

Dear Fredrik, I have made a quite similar posting concerning this on r.t.l yesterday, since I thought it might be a problem of my PC. But actually it was a failure of the Lego® homepage. I think we shold not start a diskussion about cheating, (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

I sure could use Brasso to remove the paint. In fact I think I will. (Don't use Never Dull it melts the bricks. (Is that considered a double negative?)) As I am sure the fanatic train people can tell, I am not big on my train architecture. I just (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train fans, please help me...

(...) Well, I certainly did not submit any votes before I saw the images and I have not done any advertisement. Unless you consider this advertisement, which I would strongly disagree in: (URL) course I cannot explain why my entry appeared to have (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

OK, so finish out the details on the page as noted at the bottom, I want to get cracking on building it ;-) With 4 trains planned and multiple switches/crossovers, I NEED this system ;-) I could take my Libretto to shows/meetings for custom (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

Very nice! Now all you have to do is take some Brasso or NevrDull to the printing on the half-domes ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

(...) Check out (URL) GMLTC (remove the '.nospam' to reply...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

That's a good question. I'm an N-scale model railroader and use DCC exclusively. I've never thought about using it on my Legos. I will do some investigation. What Lego systems do you have? Doug wrote in message ... (...) Command (...) be (...) if (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

Nick, (...) Oh, no! The Empire is going into the transportation business! ;) Neat design, clever use of those Sith Infiltrator back ends! Great job! Scott "One day, I will set up my trains again!" Sanburn ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Dark Gray Tanker

Humm. Maybe I didn't post this right the first time, so here it goes again. ---Original Follows----- Here is my first attempt at a train car MOC. It uses only pieces from the Sith Infiltrator plus a few other commons. Forgive the crude page. I just (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train fans, please help me...

Ben, Awesome job, you got my four votes! :) Scott S. (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train fans, please help me...

(...) Hi Fredrik, why not? As you know for sure, the gallery had non-working picture-links during the last days. In spite of this your model was voted at least by a few dozen people, since it had far over 50% of all votes. If you didn't use phantom (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train page

Simply and utterly beautiful constructions. I particularly love the high speed train and the tank cars. Beautiful. -- Jeff -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily" (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train fans, please help me...

(...) newsgroups to urge the people there to vote for my model in stead? Nah, I don't think I'll do that, it would have been too tasteless... Fredrik (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train page

Dear NYANTA, I really enjoyed your pages; great work. My favorites have been (of course) the Shinkansen and the D51. That's indeed one of the few nice looking steem engines I ever have seen released in 9V. "leg godt" Ben (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact