 Trains / *32030 (-20)
  Re: Precedent!

(...) Amen - my snotty brother! Yes, LBG-track can be regarded as a 100% pure LEGO solution. In principle one might support the opinion, that LEGO gave up 9V in order to push us onto LGB track. They softly started this in 2002 with the Guenzburg (...) (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Model Railway and Hobby Exhibition Langwarrin

MUGS/M>ltc will be displaying at the Model Railway and Hobby Exhibition at Langwarrin later this month. This is not just a train show, so there will be lots of interesting stuff to look at. See you there! Details: 27-28th October 2007 Langwarrin (...) (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains.org.mltc)

  Re: Rutland Alco RS-3 #205

(...) I went home on my lunch break and gave that smooth tyre idea a try. It looks really good. If I could find a smooth tyre in green it would look even better. The other option might be a pulley wheel. I think those come in green. It might have (...) (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rutland Alco RS-3 #205

(...) I really like the use of the curved tile thingys on the noses Tim (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Surprise! ULUG will be attending the Train Show in Idaho Falls, Idaho

To all, ULUG received a lated and surprising invitation to attend a train show in Idaho Falls, Idaho over the weekend. So Reed, David and I will be traveling to Idaho today to set-up. If you are in the area or attending BYU-Idaho, stop by and say (...) (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Rutland Alco RS-3 #205

(...) Really nice work on this. I'm not especially keen on the fan (I think that's what the round bit is) solution though. Perhaps an old smooth tyre over 2x2 round plates or something similar would be more prototypical. It's a fine looking RS-3 (...) (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7996 Metalized

For some reason it did not post my reply yesterday. I want to automate the points. I use the spring to let the tongue of the point return to its normal state and when I wind a nylon thread or so around a axle it will put the direction for the train (...) (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Rutland Alco RS-3 #205

After working out how to build the Rutland boxcar, I decided to work on one of the Rutland's diesel locomotives to pull it. An RS-3 looked like a nice challenge, and Rutland owned a few of them. (URL) I tried to capture the most distinctive (...) (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.org.us.nelug, FTX)

  Re: Precedent!

(...) The track used at LLCA and I assume at LLW looks like 2 gauge. And is used to represent 1:22.5 standard gauge or 1:16 narrow gauge by live steam fans. I saw a ride on train train in this gauge at a open house while in Los Angeles. I guess (...) (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Precedent!

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:Jpr1Hu.9Bz@lugnet.com... (...) And about 12 inches too high... :P -Rob www.brickmodder.net www.lifelites.com (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Precedent!

(...) You're about 180 degrees off;-) JOHN (17 years ago, 11-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 9v train motor compared to IR train motor

(...) I don't think adding weight to the engine would help (the engine weighs about 1 kg). The wheels weren't slipping. The motor just slowed to a stop because the train was too heavy. Chris (17 years ago, 11-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v train motor compared to IR train motor

AFAIK is the IR motor much lighter, did you try to compensate using those lead bricks (2x2x6 like in the 12V trains)?! My santa fe is also not doing so well in comparison to the 7760 (which is the best train in balance/pulling a heavy train IMHO). (...) (17 years ago, 11-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Precedent!

(...) Funny, I would have figured you more for the belly-itcher type. --Tony (17 years ago, 11-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Precedent!

(...) Thank you, Chris. That softball has been hanging there for over a day now! JOHN (17 years ago, 11-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rutland Boxcar #104

(...) [...] (...) because I usually build with the bricks at hand, and I don't have many of those windshields. Chris (17 years ago, 10-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Precedent!

(...) Don't sell yourself short. You're a tremendous slouch :) Chris (17 years ago, 10-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rutland Boxcar #104

(...) wouldn't be hidden as much. I'll have to try that out. -Elroy (17 years ago, 10-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Precedent!

(...) Have you only just realised that Legolands don't use 9V track? ;-) Actually that pic is interesting, LLW uses really (URL) basic looking track> The LGBesque stuff is much better (although it really should be inset for the tramway). Tim Tim (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Precedent!

(...) Hey, I resemble that comment! Listen, Tony, I'm no slouch myself... JOHN (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact