 Trains / 29612
Re: 9v train motor compared to IR train motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:20:27 GMT

jopiek wrote:
AFAIK is the IR motor much lighter, did you try to compensate using those lead
bricks (2x2x6 like in the 12V trains)?! My santa fe is also not doing so well in
comparison to the 7760 (which is the best train in balance/pulling a heavy train
IMHO).

Johan

I don't think adding weight to the engine would help (the engine weighs
about 1 kg). The wheels weren't slipping. The motor just slowed to a
stop because the train was too heavy.

Chris
--
http://mysite.verizon.net/cjmasi/lego/