 Trains / *32025 (-20)
  Re: Rutland Alco RS-3 #205

(...) Really nice work on this. I'm not especially keen on the fan (I think that's what the round bit is) solution though. Perhaps an old smooth tyre over 2x2 round plates or something similar would be more prototypical. It's a fine looking RS-3 (...) (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7996 Metalized

For some reason it did not post my reply yesterday. I want to automate the points. I use the spring to let the tongue of the point return to its normal state and when I wind a nylon thread or so around a axle it will put the direction for the train (...) (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Rutland Alco RS-3 #205

After working out how to build the Rutland boxcar, I decided to work on one of the Rutland's diesel locomotives to pull it. An RS-3 looked like a nice challenge, and Rutland owned a few of them. (URL) I tried to capture the most distinctive (...) (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.org.us.nelug, FTX)

  Re: Precedent!

(...) The track used at LLCA and I assume at LLW looks like 2 gauge. And is used to represent 1:22.5 standard gauge or 1:16 narrow gauge by live steam fans. I saw a ride on train train in this gauge at a open house while in Los Angeles. I guess (...) (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Precedent!

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:Jpr1Hu.9Bz@lugnet.com... (...) And about 12 inches too high... :P -Rob www.brickmodder.net www.lifelites.com (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Precedent!

(...) You're about 180 degrees off;-) JOHN (17 years ago, 11-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 9v train motor compared to IR train motor

(...) I don't think adding weight to the engine would help (the engine weighs about 1 kg). The wheels weren't slipping. The motor just slowed to a stop because the train was too heavy. Chris (17 years ago, 11-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v train motor compared to IR train motor

AFAIK is the IR motor much lighter, did you try to compensate using those lead bricks (2x2x6 like in the 12V trains)?! My santa fe is also not doing so well in comparison to the 7760 (which is the best train in balance/pulling a heavy train IMHO). (...) (17 years ago, 11-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Precedent!

(...) Funny, I would have figured you more for the belly-itcher type. --Tony (17 years ago, 11-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Precedent!

(...) Thank you, Chris. That softball has been hanging there for over a day now! JOHN (17 years ago, 11-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rutland Boxcar #104

(...) [...] (...) because I usually build with the bricks at hand, and I don't have many of those windshields. Chris (17 years ago, 10-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Precedent!

(...) Don't sell yourself short. You're a tremendous slouch :) Chris (17 years ago, 10-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rutland Boxcar #104

(...) wouldn't be hidden as much. I'll have to try that out. -Elroy (17 years ago, 10-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Precedent!

(...) Have you only just realised that Legolands don't use 9V track? ;-) Actually that pic is interesting, LLW uses really (URL) basic looking track> The LGBesque stuff is much better (although it really should be inset for the tramway). Tim Tim (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Precedent!

(...) Hey, I resemble that comment! Listen, Tony, I'm no slouch myself... JOHN (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Precedent!

(...) Aww... you've always been rank in my book, John. ;) --Tony (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Precedent!

Wow. This little revelation eluded me until I happened to see this pic from a recently posted (URL) BS folder>: (URL) This is a pic from LL Deutschland that shows a miniland trolley running on G scale track. The motors wheels look to be LGB to me. (...) (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rutland Boxcar #104

(...) Very cool, I'll have to sit down and try building a door like this. I must have missed this method when folks first started using it. I have been using a method a bit different, I put two hinged windows on the back of a plate and then have (...) (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) You are right, the main limitation probably comes from wall wart... You are essentially right for the 0.7A current (though it is not hard limit, rather a safety one). Philo (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) The Australian LEGO wall wart is marked 10V @ 7VA on the secondary. I don't recall all the stuff I learnt about the relationship between VA and W, but that seems to me to indicate about 0.7A. I believe this generally reduces as load increases, (...) (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact