 Trains / *2862 (-5)
  Re: LEGO trains...The Future of Model Railroading?

(...) What exactly did you have in mind? The president already told the GMLTC that what we were doing was just as valid as what anyone else was doing at the NMRA convention and personally invited all of us to join the org. (...) Very unique. In (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

Christopher Masi wrote in message <38384376.EDE1FF67@c...ne.edu>... (...) is the <snip> (...) Bend (...) impact (...) did (...) <snip> There is a great idea right there. Mindstorms and trains... people are doing it on their own, but LEGO could make (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO trains...The Future of Model Railroading?

(...) It would be interesting to hear from someone modeling N scale back in the 60's when it was considered a toy by the model railroad establishment. It would really help if the NMRA recognized us (BIG STEP). (...) My 4 year old and 2 1/2 year old (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO trains...The Future of Model Railroading?

snip Until LEGO can produce a good line of attractive sets, get them in the stores, and advertise them nothing will change. Yep. The easiest way to do this would be to reintroduce the Metroliner, or something very similar, but in a different colour. (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO trains...The Future of Model Railroading?

I agree with a lot that is being said here, but I think the biggest problem is the lack of LEGO support. What I mean is that the models that everyone are so impressed with are our home-built models not the LEGO sets. LEGO is producing unexicting, (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact