 Trains / *28155 (-20)
  BrickWiki needs you B~

Dear all, We have been building up quite a database of information over on BrickWiki for a while but it seems to be a good time for some targeted recruitment. For those of you who don't know the concept of a wiki, it is an encyclopaedia where anyone (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: 10133 BNSF Mod using BBB wheels

(...) Or if 5.5 is ok, the 5.5 axle with stop is fairly common in black. (URL) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10133 BNSF Mod using BBB wheels

(...) You'd have to use black axles with black wheels though, and the ideal axle length is 5L, which come mostly in grey now. I'd like unspoked small BBB wheels too (though I'll not hesitate to talk about them :-) ) I'd also like a smaller version, (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10133 BNSF Mod using BBB wheels

(...) I'm aware of that concept as well as one I used 2 yrs ago. (URL) The main issue is friction and the ability to make wheel sets "trucks" without having to rip apart Lego train wheels. It would also be kinda cool to mount the wheels from the (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10133 BNSF Mod using BBB wheels

(...) These look great. The technic disk are way to wide for a 6wide engine. I've done something similar for a GP9's fans. But I used regular plastic 9v era wheels. If you remove them from the metal axel, they have an almost stud on the back. The (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10133 BNSF Mod using BBB wheels

(...) snip (...) yea spokeless is what i meant. sorry it was allmost 4 am when i posted. ondrew (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10133 BNSF Mod using BBB wheels

(...) What, you don't you just love Euromerican rolling stock complete with individually sprung wheelsets and buffers :? Chris (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter themed train layout

(...) Hi Ed- nice work :) I bet your granddaughter loves it, with all the details. I love the way you did Diagon Alley, thanks for posting it! Cyndi (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10133 BNSF Mod using BBB wheels

(...) Unspoked maybe? But ya, I have to agree about eurotrash==bad! LOL... ++Lar (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10133 BNSF Mod using BBB wheels

(...) Yes, it is a good idea, and I was just being silly. I don't mind him plugging his stuff. (...) I don't know what you mean, and "unslotted version"? Chris (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10133 BNSF Mod using BBB wheels

(...) Until he can show them spinning, I don't think we should buy any more necessarily... ;-) Jason Railton (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10133 BNSF Mod using BBB wheels

(...) ahh well it may be a plug for his parts but it's still a cool idea. i'll have to look into using them on my 8 wides. now if i could only get the small bbb wheels in an unslotted version i could eliminate the euro trash wheel holders. ondrew (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10133 BNSF Mod using BBB wheels

(...) [snip] (...) You are a bad, bad man with very good marketing skills :) Chris (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Harry Potter themed train layout

Last Christmas I put together my first LEGO train layout. I used to put up HO trains as a kid but had not done so for longer then I care to mention. Well, in 2004 I wanted to do a train layout for our granddaughter who is an HP fan and likes to play (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains) !

  10133 BNSF Mod using BBB wheels

The 10133 BNSF GP-38 Locomotive is a nice engine. (URL) But why uses those stickers for the exhaust fans, when you can use BBB wheels: (URL) This mod uses three BBB 17.6mm flanged train wheels. No other parts are necessary. Webpage at: (URL) Cheers, (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BBB Train Hand Car v2

With some great input from Dean, Jordan & Mark (Thank you). Version 2 is online: (URL) Aside from the springless minifig legs and BBB wheels, it is LEGO pure. (URL) The pdf instructions have been updated as well. Cheers! Ben Fleskes Big Ben Bricks (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Thick as a brick website

I recently discovered Claudio Vianini's website. (URL) has some nice loco models and the main page features a clever multilayer gif of 12v trains. Worth a look I think Tim (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Reduced versions of BBB wheels

I recently created reduced versions of the BBB train wheels. You can download the LDraw parts files (URL) here> (just copy them to your parts directory and run mklist). Here is an example of how they render, alongside the BBB versions: (URL) (The (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BBB Train Hand Car - Quarter Bushes

(...) Thanks Dean, The best photo I have of the quarter bushes in use is this one of the LMS Garratt: (URL) bushes are behind the triangular brackets hat hold the middle driving wheels. Ben: I guessed you'd need the liftarm exactly in the middle (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Art Deco Miami Hotel

"Jim Garrett" <jsgarrett@twmi.rr.com> wrote in message news:IM0on4.1oGG@lugnet.com... (...) Very nice Jim! I like the graduated stripes at the corners especially, and the way you've dealt with the newer style roadplates. Good use of train windows (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact