 Trains / 25852
25851  |  25853
Subject:
BrickWiki needs you B~
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 09:08:42 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Dear all,

We have been building up quite a database of information over on BrickWiki for a while but it seems to be a good time for some targeted recruitment. For those of you who don’t know the concept of a wiki, it is an encyclopaedia where anyone can edit any article they like. This means that if you happen to know a snippet of information you feel is missing from an article, you can just jump in and add it.

If you don’t feel confident editing a wiki, there is an FAQ on BrickWiki to help you start. Please also check out the BrickWiki Conventions before beginning.

We are trying to build up a series of articles on prototype building for various countries. These would (hopefully) enable a newb to Lego trains to have a place where they could quickly find out enough about train prototypes in a given region in order to begin building them. I have linked below to the different regional articles. NB. North America contains both the USA and Canada as I understand a lot of rolling stock is shared.

France

Germany

the Netherlands

North America

Switzerland

UK

others

So far, Australia (in others) is the only country to have been treated with any detail and can be used as an example of where to begin (it would be expected that most articles would be quite a lot larger).

I am asking YOU! The lugnet.trains braintrust, to fill in the gaps and help your potential AFOL/ALE peers to have a good starting point on their road to building Lego trains.

Please do help and remember, every little bit helps, even if it is a chunk of raw text or a list of links. It’s a wiki so anyone else can edit your work to add the details,

Tim