 Trains / *26575 (-20)
  Wood slat stock car

After seeing several very nice stockcar MOCs, I decided to try my hand. One of the criteria was to use a 6 x 24 train baseplate, as I have a bunch from LL grabbags. The LL Bick-A-Brick had some 1 x 4 brown tile, jumper plates and (3)finger hinges. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Supertrain pictures - SALUG

Greetings, I have posted pictures of SALUG participation at Supertrain: (URL) is a large model train show that takes place in Calgary, Alberta, Canada in mid February. This year SALUG (Southern Alberta Lego Users Group) won first place for the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.ca.salug) !!

  Coast Guard Base

For last November's GATS show in Pleasanton, CA our club didn't have the usual waterfront models, due to members being on vacation, so I built this to fill in the missing coastline. It's a United States Coast Guard base with helicopter and cutter (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats, FTX) !

  Train à Grande Vitesse

Hello all. I just wanted to share with all the newest pictures of my TGV. It currently is just over 10 ft long. Uses only two motors and the connection between the cars are held together by LEGO rubberbands. I still have some little details to (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) I am glad you like it. I just finished building a sixth car. I will make the cars all yellow, I just have to buy some more parts. I also made a red container car as red and yellow are the more popular colors for these cars. I am trying to (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) Hmm, I never really put much thought into scaling the length. I simply used the shortest length that gave me what I felt was the "right" mix of windows and doors. As it turns out, I just calculated that it's only about 4 more studs shy of (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) Rob, Funny you should mention that. I was thinking along these lines. I'm useing one of the cheap RC micro cars to power a hand pump Velocipede. I'm retaining the reciever, and powering it off an internal battery. Or I could power off the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 9V Adapter

(...) Yes. Mat (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  9V Adapter

This trains newbie asks: is the 9V adapter for running trains the same adapter that is used to run RCX version 1.0? (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

Time to build your own using a modded powered truck from Atlas and a pager vibrate motor... Rob "John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> wrote in message news:ICC6pJ.Ap0@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) Yeah, I'd thought about that, but the bogies on N gauge locos and N gauge rolling stock are very different. They aren't cosmetically interchangeable. Well, as far as I have been able to find so far, anyhow. JB (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) It is very nice. Perhaps you coulf fit a motor in one of the frieght wagons? MAt (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) Excellent! I love it. I just wish there was a way to get an N gauge motor into that style of locomotive. But the N gauge notors are 2 wide throughout :( JB (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) You are correct, sorry. It's seems to be the same wheelset base, but with one axel removed. And it placed the corect end forward, edded for the drive rods to look right. Thanks, Mat (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005, FTX)

  Re: Lego Compatible Flex Track

(...) Ken, nice work. Let us know how well this operates. I did some experimenting along these lines last summer, but I didn't think of cutting and bending tabs on the ATLAS track connectors, very cleaver. I was going to grind flange off the base of (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

In lugnet.trains, Mathew Clayson wrote: snip * (...) Percy has a 2-axle wheelset, and it was assembled correctly: (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005, FTX)

  My first 2-wide train.

Hello all. I just wanted to share with you the start of my newest project. It will be a dock sceen to go with my Maersk ship. I just built 4 container cars and a Union Pacific engine. The cars are actually about 2 and half studs wide. The Containers (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) What bugs me, is that non of these sets are powered. Thery all apear to use the older 3 axle steam wheelset. But at least they get drive rods. And the short wheelset for the tender is nice. Also, I found it interesting that non of the models (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005, FTX)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) Don't listen to him ;-) As a seven wide, this looks excellent. The need for this scale was especially brought out when I saw the interiour shots, where you get a 1 stud wide gangway (or whatever it's called) which would not have been possible (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) Should be easy enough even for an average-skilled builder to work around. What concern me more are the other parts there- the boiler half is pretty useless, and don't even get me started on the cab (SOLID??!!) eww. And yeah, Larry, that is (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact