 Trains / *26565 (-20)
  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) Yeah, I'd thought about that, but the bogies on N gauge locos and N gauge rolling stock are very different. They aren't cosmetically interchangeable. Well, as far as I have been able to find so far, anyhow. JB (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) It is very nice. Perhaps you coulf fit a motor in one of the frieght wagons? MAt (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) Excellent! I love it. I just wish there was a way to get an N gauge motor into that style of locomotive. But the N gauge notors are 2 wide throughout :( JB (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) You are correct, sorry. It's seems to be the same wheelset base, but with one axel removed. And it placed the corect end forward, edded for the drive rods to look right. Thanks, Mat (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005, FTX)

  Re: Lego Compatible Flex Track

(...) Ken, nice work. Let us know how well this operates. I did some experimenting along these lines last summer, but I didn't think of cutting and bending tabs on the ATLAS track connectors, very cleaver. I was going to grind flange off the base of (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

In lugnet.trains, Mathew Clayson wrote: snip * (...) Percy has a 2-axle wheelset, and it was assembled correctly: (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005, FTX)

  My first 2-wide train.

Hello all. I just wanted to share with you the start of my newest project. It will be a dock sceen to go with my Maersk ship. I just built 4 container cars and a Union Pacific engine. The cars are actually about 2 and half studs wide. The Containers (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) What bugs me, is that non of these sets are powered. Thery all apear to use the older 3 axle steam wheelset. But at least they get drive rods. And the short wheelset for the tender is nice. Also, I found it interesting that non of the models (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005, FTX)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) Don't listen to him ;-) As a seven wide, this looks excellent. The need for this scale was especially brought out when I saw the interiour shots, where you get a 1 stud wide gangway (or whatever it's called) which would not have been possible (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) Should be easy enough even for an average-skilled builder to work around. What concern me more are the other parts there- the boiler half is pretty useless, and don't even get me started on the cab (SOLID??!!) eww. And yeah, Larry, that is (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) Beautiful. I am very impressed. Looks like you should build some more trains! -Matt :) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) It would be much easier is the face disk was a separate piece from the rest of the boiler. But it looks like the face is part of a single front piece. Check out the bottom right inset picture on this box art. (URL) are four engine pieces to (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) I can't speak for Samarth, but I was thinking of just that, because it's a LEGO face... no more non LEGO or stickers or whatever. (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Lego Compatible Flex Track

"Ken Rice" <(KAY)enn(ARE)ice@e(...s.(SEE)om> wrote in message news:IC9w1y.rDK@lugnet.com... (...) Welcome to the Darkside Ken!!! Awesome work. I've been wantig flex track for LEGO for years! Rob www.brickmodder.net (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego featured in Shinkansen safety poster

(...) That's funny. I wonder how long till the posters start getting ripped down and sold on ebay? jt (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Lego featured in Shinkansen safety poster

From (URL) this> Shinkansen website: (URL) It's aparently translated as: "A warning. Don't cross the yellow line! Or you become food for the shinkansen." (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Lego Compatible Flex Track

(...) Way to go Ken! Nice bit of modding! Don't you just love that feeling of certain success as the hardened steel cuts into the ABS :) Can't wait to see what goes under the knife next. JB (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego Compatible Flex Track

I have made a length of Lego compatible flex track. You may see the instructions here: (URL) Rice -=:=- kennrice (AT) erols (DOT) com (URL) - Lego Compatible Flex Track, Civil War Round Table of DC & Concentration Camp made of Lego bricks (URL) Maps (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) This line in my original email may be unclear. It is my hope that the licensing contract Lego signed with the Thomas owners (Britt Alcroft?) does not limit LEGO to producing Thomas sets only in Duplo scale. I would like to see 9V System Thomas (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) Yes, with these, we'll have the correct LEGO elements necessary to pull it off. People were doing ATSF warbonnets and BNSF units long before the official sets came out, but their appearance made things a lot easier for kitbash purposes. In (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact