 Trains / *2477 (-10)
  Re: Busy-Bee shipping

Mark Benz wrote in message <000e01bf1b16$747024...on.com>... (...) The 50% shipping on this sounds about right. The hoppers were £7.65 each w/o VAT or $12.65. With shipping the total came to about $19.00 each on my order of six. I agree, a great (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Busy-Bee shipping

Hi, I ordered 4 blue hoppers from BusyBee, the total charged to my card was about 45 pounds, including about 14 L for shipping. Must have been less than 2 Kg. I still think that a hopper for $18, net in my hand is a bargain. Mark -----Original (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) This is a bit frustrating. Here's some information you might be able to use as ammunition in getting cheaper shipping: When I was in the UK this summer I bought a fair number of sets and mailed them back to myself in Canada. I found that there (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Mike Stanley is correct about the shipping, it tends to be expensive. I have placed two orders with BB. In both cases the shipping back to the US was about 50% of the total cost of the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Mike Stanley (<slrn80rf16.5fj.cjc...s.utk.edu> ) wrote at 12:42:52 (...) The current availability of older discontinued sets in limited quantities is due to the reorganisation of TLG in Europe, I believe. Some warehouses are (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) Maybe bulk-order of older stuff, not bulk-order of parts. And the shipping alone makes it somewhat prohibitive to order things from BB unless you're really desperate for something, imo. Too bad we don't have a US equivalent of BB. (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

My apologies, but what I meant was: Is he requesting special orders from Lego? Is Lego re-running old or discontinued sets for him? I was under the impression that the Maersk truck has been discontinued for some time. If the answer to either of the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

How much clearance does a monorail need? I don't have one yet but I'll be getting one soon. (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: metro 2000/ superliner set

(...) i made the engine, thats it. since im in the marines, i dont have my collection here in california (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: metro 2000/ superliner set

(...) Have you built any of the models shown in your cad drawings? The best (potential) model of the superliner I have seen. Looks like a lot of Metroliner parts, though. (to think how close I came to buying a Metroliner set when I was buying my (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact